Upcycled bottle planters




The Spring is slowly approaching in London so for me it is time to get to gardening after a along cold boring season...
Yes, despite the latest rainy, windy days which I did not predict when all of us felt the warm breeze only a week ago and when I bought few vegetable plants and some pot flowers... damn :/


I have been gardening for only two years and  I can say this is the place I can totally relax and forget about the whole world, when the sun shines :)
This season we are trying to make more space for planting some vegetables, more herbs and flowers which I so adore.
We would love to maintain the garden in sustainable way again, as much as we can.
The plan is to keep the cost low or without spending any money at all.
Of course 
we will have to buy the seeds, new plants and extra soil , the rest is in our hands ;)

Today I am passing a simple little idea for up cycling old plastic bottles and turn them into hanging plant pots.
I am having enough of our boring fence so I spontaneously thought about using bottles .
They're easy to cut and handle.
I have found only two bottles at home :)
We don't really buy much of a drinks in plastic so I decided to check our lovely neighbours rubbish :P
Yes,
three more bottles!
I hope they wouldn't mind :)

Lets have a look how I did it.



This are little flowers I use for my pots.


And this is how it was done by firstly cutting the bottle.
Then I use some cotton thread to make it prettier.
I make two holes, wrapped the bottle with a different thread again and use the holes to put the tread through and hang the bottle-pot.
This can be s
implified and done in many ways I guess.
It's all up to you :)    


For the drainage make some hole in a screw top using a large nail or something sharp!

                     





I use S-hooks to hang pots by pushing hooks in between the fence boards, screw hooks can be use too.






Here with the plants :)









Little mess on the right under the worktable is awaiting a next project.
Nothing is waisted here ;)

Within next few days I added few more bottle-pots and  I may keep adding, it's so addictive!



We now have to wait for better dry weather condition to keep up with our new ideas ;)

 

15 comments:

  1. You are amazing!:-) Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jaki fajny pomysl:) najlepsze sa kolorowe sznureczki .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dziekuje,nie bylabym soba gdybym nie dodala kolorow :)

      Delete
  3. Hi, Magdalena... who knew today that I would find an answer as to why am I hoarding these plastic bottles of various sizes. LOL! This was my thought this morning as I entered my kitchen. Thank you... I'm so very excited! Thanks for showing me what to do and how to use these bottles. Love your idea. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sisteria, what a great news :)I am so happy you found my post useful!Obviously you can simplify this design as you wish, also someone suggested inserting two rocks into a bottle first so then you can unscrew the bottom when the drainage is need it without a mess ;)
      Good luck, oh why not sending me a photo when you're done ;)xx

      Delete
  4. I love this idea! Have been playing, in my mind, with something similar, but nothing seemed to work right. This is going to be Perfect! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I now love to look at my fence too, the planters are so fun and easy to make and you can decorate it anyway you want ;)
      Happy crafting!

      Delete
  5. Lovely idea to reuse the plastic bottles AND have more places to put beautiful plants. The colorful yarn idea is very nice :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea - I will have to brighten my fence in this way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Magdalena...Amazing !! Thanks for sharing lovely idea !! I'm also going to try it obviously it's going to be Perfect !!

    ReplyDelete