Festive wire tree in a pot




Just before December whatever shop I go to a new home decor trend of this year have caught my eye.
Decorative festive trees.
Small, made of wire, covered with tape or yarn, sometimes with the lights on too.
Very cute, but the price..
I have one simple rule, if I can't afford it I will observe how it was made and make it myself.
So I did :)


This is how ...




Tip for battery operated lights, spend a bit more then £1.50.
Mine takes energy unbelievable quick so I need to use rechargeable batteries only :/
Are they not should be LED long lasting lights?
A bit confusing.Or maybe just a bad luck of the faulty product...



The perfect pebbles would be white but I used what we had at home.



First I done four holes in a tube to put through wires.
I shaped it so it looks like a tree.





Then I wrapped lights around few branches and started on string wrapping next...


...so it cover wire completely. 



When done with the whole tree I glued the base to a pot base with a generous amount of hot glue using glue gun.
Then covered with the stones but leaving a battery box on top.




Looking nice with the light off too.



Looking good anywhere...


And small enough to move around :)




I spend about £7 to have my very own little tree :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment